Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.
I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the keyboard after booting the device to desktop. Do not worry, we will help you with this issue.
Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:
- What is the make and model of your device?
- Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
- Does the same issue persists in Safe mode with Networking as well?
This issue might have occurred due to keyboard drivers on your device, Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking, which loads the operating system with minimal set of drivers and check if the issue persists.
Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.
- Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, click on General tab.
- Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
- Follow onscreen instructions.
Step 2: I suggest you to rollback the keyboard drivers and check if it helps.
- Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
- Expand Keyboard, right click on the drivers and select Properties.
- Go to Driver tab, check if the Rollback driver option is enabled.
- If so, try to rollback the driver.
- Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.
Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.